Notification of Changes
Information collected by third party websites, platforms and/or applications (“Third Party Sites”) which we do not control; information collected by Third Party Sites which you access via links.or banners, sweepstakes and other advertisements or promotions on Third Party Sites that we may sponsor or participate in. These Third-Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third-Party Sites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- Email address
- User name
- Telephone number
- Credit card or other payment information
- Date of birth
- Photo ID
- User-generated content, posts and other content you submit to DESI FARMS Sites
- Any other person information you voluntarily provide to us Information we collect automatically when you use the Desi farms site
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- Street address
- Your shopping habits
- Preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect, store and process your personal information on servers. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on the communication preferences you have defined for your desifarmsindia.com account
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- To send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- To respond to your queries or comments
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
Expanded use of information
Because your consent to the registration, we may use personal information for purposes of advertising and market research and to improve the services. Therefore, we could use the personal data and the optional information for individual creation and sending of selected information – advertising – via post, e-mail and/or phone/ on your wireless or mobile device (mobile message service by which you can receive text or other types of messages from Desi Farms (such as short message service, or SMS, enhanced message service,) and other services ordered by you, such as e-mail newsletter. The shipment, use and/or processing of such information is exclusively through desifarmsindia.com whose contract data processor or other partners. The personal use is exclusively limited to the organizations and companies from the sectors, catering for the interests and wishes of the user. desifarmsindia.com may use your data for advertising to you while you visit the website.
Any use of the data to third parties for the purpose of advertising and market research does not take place otherwise.
The use of your personal data for purposes of advertising and market research, you can at any time or withdraw your consent with effect in this regard for the future. Use the contact form. The opposition or revocation of consent may have the consequence that individual services will no longer be available or terminate desifarmsindia.com the usage agreement.
Customer Service Correspondence
If you send us correspondence we retain such information in the records of your account. We will also retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence from desifarmsindia.com to you. We retain these records in order to keep records of our relationship, to measure and improve our customer service, and to investigate potential fraud and violations of our User Agreement. We may, over time, delete these records if permitted by law.
Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users’ interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of the Desi farms Group. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyses the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered
- Law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
- Third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us consent to do so
- Third party providers of services, such as data processing, to desi farms
We may also share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the desi farms Group if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
- Conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
- Detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests
Desi farms does not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand), or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business
- desifarmsindia.com is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
- The security of your desifarmsindia.com account also relies on your protection of your desifarmsindia.com password. You may not share your desifarmsindia.com password with anyone. desifarmsindia.com representatives will never ask you for your password, so any email or other communication requesting your password should be treated as unauthorized. If you do share your desifarmsindia.com password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account at and changing your Profile settings.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings for your desifarmsindia.comaccount, at any time by logging in to your account on the desifarmsindia.com website and changing your preferences in the Profile page. You can also close your account through desifarmsindia.com. website.